Skip to main content

Red Flags

I've made some real stupid choices in relationships...I mean those "committed" kinds of relationships, where there is to be equal commitment, equal sacrifice.

I realize that all relationships are healthier if both are on even ground, I believe that's God's plan. But even more so in those life-long commitments!!! We can't pretend the red flags aren't there IF THEY ARE!!!...we can't ignore what our gut says and believe it'll just "work out". It won't...commitments to relationships just don't happen in a day. I remember something Dr. Charles Stanley said long ago..."if you don't know for sure which step to take, don't move".

If we find ourselves in any kind of situation where we're interacting constantly with someone, are beginning to commit to be true to the development of a life-time or long-term "walk" together, whether it be at work, in a marriage, professional relationship, wherever....it's our responsibility to pray, pray, pray for God to confirm that we're "all clear"...the way is ok to walk together.

And if there is any hesitancy, anything that doesn't wanna let us completely rest in that we're at the right place, we HAVE to slow down, listen more, trust more in His wisdom, seek Him...stay true to our convictions (and we know what they are, for the most part).

Believe me, the pain of separation now is much less than what the pain can be later on.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

From here to there

A lot of you are familiar with or at least know of my only niece, Scarlett (or Sweet Scarlett, as I often refer to her). A brilliant gal in the prime of her life and career was involved in a horrible car accident at the age of 36, leaving her with a severe brain injury. God has brought her so far….so many accomplishments that she wasn’t “supposed” to ever achieve. A couple of years ago while she was going through a particularly hard struggle, she said to me, “Aunt Ann, I know I’m gonna make it, but right now I’m in that in between place”. I knew exactly what she was saying…and I’d imagine you do, too, right? We believe that God’s gonna walk with us and get us to the other side…however, sometimes it just seems like a longggggg way from here to there, doesn’t it? We’re gonna make it..but there are times we sure do need a hand to hold or place to rest on the journey….’cause we aren’t “there” yet…and we need to hear from somebody, who actually cares where we are struggling, that w...

Courageous Non-pursuit

I’ve always appreciated the story of the prodigal son, the wonderful story of promise that God never gives up on the wayward children.   Recently, the scripture grabbed me from a different perspective. Did you ever think about this…there is no account that says the father went out looking for his son who had made the decision to leave and go do his own thing?   Surely the father was brokenhearted, most likely prayed every waking minute of every day for his boy whom he loved dearly, BUT, he stayed home.   I believe God has shown me that the father in the story had faith that He (God) would return the son to his senses and restore him to the family.   The earthly father didn’t have to go begging, making deals, blurring all kinds of boundaries by trying to do God’s work.   He just knew the Heavenly Father would be pursuing and could be trusted to do a work that would be eternal. So what’s the big deal, Ann?   Well, for me (maybe for some of you, too), it ...

No Matter What

Several years ago a friend shared with me that his route to work every day took him through a toll booth....and he tried to always choose a certain booth. This is because the gentleman manning that booth was an elderly man who always had something "bright and sunny" to say to him. Every morning my friend would hear "Have a good day, no matter what!" Now, there were days my friend drove up to that toll booth with zillions of questions in his head of how he was gonna make it through a challenging day that was always before him when he arrived at his workplace. But he just kept those words in his head...and heart..."Have a good day, no matter what". Now, that's a choice, isn't it? "No matter what"???? I don't know about you, but I honestly don't find that coming naturally to me...it's a struggle to find sunshine on those cloudy, dreary mornings...'cause it just doesn't show up in my eyesight. But, that's w...